Saturday, August 18, 2007

Today

When you are exhausted and need to have a few sentences with your husband un-interrupted, what do you do? We hired a babysitter and ordered in, set the kids up with a movie and walked out the backdoor around the back gate, past the swimming pool and onto the back sunporch adjacent to our bedroom. I was afraid that we would both fall asleep waiting on a table at a restaurant and I did not want to be interrupted by the waitress asking if we needed another glass of tea. I put a cooler full of ice (it's been 100 degrees most everyday here) and a pitcher of tea on the porch along with our dinner and we sat down in our favorite spot of the house (that we never get to go too) and talked and ate and enjoyed one another's company. I have wanted to enjoy my own home with my husband since we moved in in December. This was a great "date" night. The funny thing is that the kids never knew we were there.Just a start more to come later :>)

No comments: